I try to keep my blog as real as possible and I decided that the second post in my college series (which will be updated more frequently) will be a list of things that suck about college and university. Although there are many awesome thing about University, I feel like they are the only things that are ever talked about. But any up and coming freshman should also know about the parts of it that really can suck. So I have compiled a list of things that I have not liked abut my first year away at school. Some of the points might not apply to everyone, but I am sure everyone will relate to something.
1. Studying: You spend hours upon hours studying for an exam, test, or quiz only to realize once you get the quiz it was stuff you already knew… Or even worse, you get the quiz and you have no idea what it is talking about…
2. Food: If you are staying on residence than be prepared to eat cafeteria food… My school actually has a lot of really great, healthy options but it is on a recurring cycle so you get sick of everything VERY quickly.
3. Social Life: Ummm… Is that even a thing? My only social interactions during midterms and exams is the eye contact I made with people in the library, and the people who serve my food at the cafe…
4. Roommates: I shouldn’t say that this sucks, because it is actually really fun to have a roommate… But sometimes you just want to study in your room, but you can’t because people keep coming to talk to your roommate.
5.Boys: They are stupid… Stay as far away as possible.
6. Walking to class: I live on a very big campus, and even though none of my classes are really that far away, I really hate walking to class… especially in the winter.
7. Laundry: Going down to your buildings laundry room in hopes of maybe finding an empty washer and dryer only to find that there are none left.
8. Sitting Through 3 Hour Lectures: Do I even need to explain.
9. Running across Campus: I have back to back class that I have to get to within ten minutes. They are on opposite sides of the campus and ten minutes is just not enough time to walk there. So instead you have to run… I have fallen on ice before.
10. Missing your family: I know a lot of you are happy to be leaving home and for some going far away. But once you are away for a little while you learn how much you will miss your family. It really sucks not being there for birthdays, and other special things that you have never before missed.
So that is my list of 10 things that suck about going off to college and university. If you have any questions about college or university let me know, and I will do my best to answer them! I am also going to be having a dorm giveaway, so stay tuned!