Midterm season has officially come to an end! Thank goodness! I was seriously about to lose my mind. In the last 2 weeks I have written 4 exam worth anywhere from 25% of my grade, to 40% of my grade. If that is not stressful I honestly do not know what is. During those weeks I was confined to my room… I literally only left to go to class and get food. But through my very first experience with midterms I learned some very valuable lessons.
1. Do ALL your assigned reading and highlight your textbook! It really does help when you are looking over them again.
2. Take accurate notes in class… Don’t write every word, it will be too much to study!
3. Find a quiet place to study… My Dorm was not nearly quiet enough, and I will be finding somewhere else to study next time.
4. Study in a group if you can manage to not get too distracted…
5. Take 10 minute dance breaks every few hours to get your brain working again
6. Ask for help if you don’t understand something
7. READ the instructions at the beginning of the test!
8. If you don’t know the answer to a multiple choice test, guess instead of leaving it blank!
9. Always remember that in 20 years this test is not going to matter.
10. Try not to freak out… TRY!
Although I did not follow most of those tips during my first midterm experience, I will be defiantly using them next time! I really wish I would have known about them before hand! To all of you who are still writing mid-terms, good luck! You can do it!