With all the changes coming up in the next few months, for me it is going to be very important to have one comfortable, safe place. Usually that would be my bedroom at home. It’s like my own little place away from the rest of the world where I can go hide away and relax. Since I am going to college in the fall, it is becoming clear to me that I am going to be in my little space a lot less often. So I am going to have to create a new little space in my dorm room.
Although I will be sharing my room with another person, I am hopeful that my room will still be a place where I can relax and hang out. I have heard from many people that you need to make your dorm feel like home for the 8 months you are living there. So that is my main plan.
I have been slowly collecting decor items that will help make me comfortable in my new surroundings. Here is a list of things I think help make any dorm room more home like!
1. Photos and Frames: These are very important to have in you room because they give you away to see your family everyday. I know for me that is going to be a big deal. I get homesick very easily and I know if I didn’t have pictures around it would make it worse. I also think they add a nice touch to your bare walls.
2. Twinkling Lights: I feel like these are a must, because the add a very pretty, comfortable look to your room. I know late a night when I am watching Netflix or something I like just a little bit of light.
3. Blankets: This may be just because I get cold very easily, but I think extra throw blankets make any room more home like. I don’t know what it is about cuddling up with a warm cup of hot chocolate in the evening, but it makes me happy.
4. Pillows: I have always been big on comfy pillows. For me they add comfort when I am sitting in bed studying and they also make my bed more comfy. I also think throw pillows add a really cute touch, even if you don’t sleep with them.
5. An Awesome Mug: What ever you decided to drink I feel like a nice mug for your warm drinks is very important. I have one at home that I always drink my tea and hot chocolate but I still am looking for the perfect one for school.
Those are just a few of the things I will be bringing to my dorm room in order to make it feel more like home. I know for some people their comfort items may be different, just make sure your have yours when you move in!